SMOOTHIE BOWLS THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL AMAZING!
There is something so much more satisfying about eating your smoothie from a coconut bowl.
Smoothie bowls are loaded with nutrients and are a great way to start the day or eat something light and nutritious for lunch, or as a snack.
SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPES
Acai bowls are a easy, quick and refreshing way to start the day. This recipe is so simple, but I hope you give it a try and love it!
Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
This is such a simple smoothie recipe and yet it tastes incredibly decadent. The ingredients are healthy, simple, and absolutely delicious!
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
This recipe is super easy with only 3 ingredients and all you need is a blender and coconut bowls to make it extra spesh.
Green Smoothie Bowl
This delicious green smoothie bowl is a great alternative to kickstart your daily protein and iron intake.
Peanut Butter Smoothie
This creamy smoothie comes together in just a few minutes with only a few ingredients and its so good that you’ll want one every day.
Blue Smoothie Bowl
Aside from looking amazing, this bowl gets its cool colour from blue spirulina which is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Are smoothie bowls actually healthy?
Yes, but in moderation. The key is to avoid any recipes with sugary fruit juice and added sweeteners.
Smoothie bowls are high in antioxidants which work to decrease inflammation and benefit brain, heart, and overall health.
While smoothie bowls can be inherently healthy, be careful not to overdo it with large portions and high-calorie ingredients.
You can choose to fill up half of your bowl with vegetables such as spinach or kale.
Adding a source of fat and protein into your acai bowl will help keep you full for hours. Choose to add protein powder to the base or top your bowl with a small portion of nuts, seeds, or natural nut butter.
What makes smoothie bowls thick?
Thankfully, there are a few tricks and ingredients you can use to thicken your smoothies.
Thickness is all based upon how much liquid you include, so start small and add as you go!
To get a thick and creamy smoothie bowl you need to use frozen fruit. Frozen fruit and veggies act like ice and help keep the smoothie chilled and thick.
If your smoothie bowls aren't thick, try adding frozen bananas as the base of your smoothie. The right amount of frozen fruits and the right amount of liquid makes the perfect thick smoothie bowl.
COCONUT BOWLS FOR YOUR SMOOTHIE
Smoothie bowls are essentially more nutrient-dense smoothies, thick enough to eat with a spoon and often topped with fruits, nuts, seeds, muesli or granola They are a great way to start the day or eat something light and nutritious for lunch, dinner, or as a snack.
Top 5 Smoothie Bowl Tips
1. Freeze your own fresh fruit. When you have some overly ripe fruit, cut it up and store it in your freezer. Perfect for overripe bananas!
2. Add protein powder. Add vanilla or chocolate plant based protein powder to keep you full for hours.
3. Store leftovers in a mason jar. They will last for 24 hours, but we recommend enjoying your smoothie immediately.
4. Use unsweetened almond milk. Almond milk is rich in vitamin E and healthy fats which can help lower your risk of serious health. conditions like stroke and heart disease.
5. Your blender matters! No one likes large chunks of kale in their smoothie, so investing in a high-quality blender is always a good idea.
MORE PLANT BASED RECIPES
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and there's no better way to kickstart your morning than with a nutritious and delicious breakfast protein smoothie.
As the sun kisses your skin and the ocean waves serenade your senses, there's no better way to embrace the summer vibes than with a delectable Summer Açaí Bowl by the beach.
As Australia awakens from the slumber of winter, spring brings with it a burst of colour and vitality. It's the perfect time to refresh your palate and embrace the abundance of seasonal fruits and flavours.
Top 5 Health Benefits
1. Nutrient Dense: Because smoothie bowls are made with such nutrient dense foods like frozen fruit, greens, seeds, and nuts, they pack in a mighty amount of nutrients and antioxidants.
2. Boost your immune system: The antioxidants found in fruits protect cells from damage, which leads to a healthier immune system.
3. Promote healthy digestion: The healthy fibre in smoothies helps to promote healthy gut bacteria and prevent constipation.
4. Vegan friendly: Since most smoothie bowls are made from whole foods, they are easily vegan and gluten-free friendly.
5. Great for kids: Smoothie bowls are an easy way to get your kids to eat fruit and veggies!