Ocean Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
Vegan │ Gluten Free │ Dairy Free │ Nut Free
This smoothie bowl is inspired by the ocean and serves as a great reminder to keep our oceans plastic free this July.
Aside from looking amazing, this bowl gets its cool colour from blue spirulina which is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and carotenoids.
All you need to make this beautiful Blue Smoothie Bowl is a high speed blender and a handful of delicious ingredients.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
- 4 Frozen Banana
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Cream (chilled)
- 1 tsp Blue Spirulina
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder
- Chill coconut cream in the freezer for approximately 30-40 minutes. Shake well before opening.
- Place ingredients into a Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend on it’s highest speed for approximately 20 seconds until smooth and sticky.
- Serve immediately in your favourite coconut bowl.
- Sprinkle over some cacao nibs, powdered freeze dried berries and your favourite nut butter (optional).
For those with an extra sweet tooth, add in ½ cup frozen mango when blending.
If the captivating colour doesn't convince you to give this vibrant smoothie bowl a try, the combination of flavours most certainly will. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.
The Nourished Chef creates low carb, gluten free and ketogenic recipes that are not only sustainable and waste free but incredibly tasty.
Long term sustainability is something she is very passionate about and brings this initiative to all her recipes.
For more amazing recipes check out @thenourishedchef on Instagram.