Ocean Blue Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
This Recipe is: | Vegan │ Gluten Free │ Dairy Free │ Nut Free
This smoothie bowl is inspired by the ocean and serves as a great reminder to keep our oceans plastic free this July.
Aside from looking amazing, this bowl gets its cool colour from blue spirulina which is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and carotenoids.
All you need to make this beautiful Blue Smoothie Bowl is a high speed blender and a handful of delicious ingredients.
To make this bowl, all you need is:
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
- 4 Frozen Banana
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Cream (chilled)
- 1 tsp Blue Spirulina
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder
- Chill coconut cream in the freezer for approximately 30-40 minutes. Shake well before opening.
- Place ingredients into a Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend on it’s highest speed for approximately 20 seconds until smooth and sticky.
- Serve immediately in your favourite coconut bowl.
- Sprinkle over some cacao nibs, powdered freeze dried berries and your favourite nut butter (optional).
For those with an extra sweet tooth, add in ½ cup frozen mango when blending.
If the captivating colour doesn't convince you to give this vibrant smoothie bowl a try, the combination of flavours most certainly will.
Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.
Blue Spirulina Health Benefits
Spirulina is among the world’s most popular supplements. It is loaded with various nutrients and antioxidants that may benefit your body and brain.
The main active ingredient in Blue Spirulina is Phycocyanin, which is a strong fighter against free radicals and research suggests that it may protect cells in the nervous system, liver, heart and kidneys.
Blue Spirulina is a fantastic source of antioxidants, which can protect against oxidative damage. The main active component is called phycocyanin, which also gives spirulina its unique blue colour.
Buy One Coconut Bowl Get One Free Offer!
Save a coconut shell from landfill and reduce plastic waste with your very own handmade coconut bowl set. Our bowls are handcrafted from recycled coconut shells that were destined to be thrown away. Click here to get the offer.
Get Your Own Set Of Coconut Bowls