DIY Natural Coffee Scrub
If you grind your own coffee beans, then you are manufacturing your own body scrub as you sip that morning latte.
The coarse particles in coffee grounds are an exfoliating agent to help remove dirt and dead cells from the skin. Claims are also made that coffee grounds can help reduce the signs of cellulite after scrubbing.
And if you apply to your scalp, grounds can help stimulate hair growth. In all cases, the grounds exfoliate you skin and scalp and can help remove build-up and dead skin cells.
Caffeine applied to the skin increases blood flow and accelerates hair growth.
How do you make/use a coffee scrub?
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Coffee Grinds with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Coconut Oil.
- Gently smooth scrub over your face for 30 seconds, avoiding the eye area.
- Gently scrub a mixture of coffee grounds mixed with a little bit of water, olive oil or coconut oil with your hands, directly onto your face and body.
- Make sure you keep your hot water running after scrubbing.
Recipe for you or for a gift
There are many many recipes around for coffee grind scrubs, but the basic things to remember are that most are 1 : 1 coffee grinds to Oil and 1 : 1/2 Coffee grinds to sugar or salt.
- 1 Cup ground organic coffee
- 1 Cup organic sugar or salt
- 1/2 Cup organic coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla (optional)
- Recycled jar
Simply mix everything thoroughly together and put into your jar, making sure that you press out all the air pockets. If you are giving as a gift for Christmas, you might like to add 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon as well and get into the festive spirit!