Zoodles with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Zucchini noodles tossed together in a creamy avocado pesto for a delicious healthy weeknight dinner that is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan and can be easily made in under 20 minutes!
Zucchini is soft enough to cut into perfect spirals, and its neutral flavour makes it great as a pasta substitute! And when topped with creamy avocado pesto…perfection.
The easiest way to make zucchini noodles is with a spiraliser. A handheld spiralizer will make great vegetable pasta! If you don’t have a vegetable spiraliser, simply cut the zucchini into wide strips or peel into thin fettuccini style slices using a vegetable peeler.
- 6 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
FOR THE SAUCE
But of course, no good zucchini pasta is complete without a great sauce. I wanted something creamy without, well, the cream. And this perfect avocado pesto sauce is just that: part creamy, part tasty, mostly healthy.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Spiralise your zucchini and set aside on paper towels so that any excess water is soaked up.
- In a food processor, add avocados, basil leaves, spinach, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and sea salt and pulse until finely chopped.
- Then with the motor still running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified and creamy.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large pan over medium to high heat then add zucchini noodles, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Add zucchini noodles to a large bowl and toss with avocado pesto.
- Season with cracked pepper, serve and enjoy in your coconut bowl or coconut plate!
Add crushed red pepper flakes to top it off! You can still love your traditional pasta noodles, but it’s nice to have a lighter, less heavy option, too.
Check out our full range of eco friendly products here.