Vegan Potato Salad with Mustard
Classic, creamy, and delicious, this vegan potato salad is a must for your summer picnics and parties! This recipe is a riff on classic French potato salads, which contain no mayo and lots of herbs.
If you aren’t into white potatoes, sweet potatoes could easily be subbed! And, depending on what’s in season where you live, feel free to swap out the veggies as well.
This recipe is so easy to make, and even easier to share!
- 8 potatoes peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2/3 cup celery chopped
- 5 finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise more if desired
- 3 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of sale
- Pinch of pepper
- Place the diced potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Boil the diced potatoes for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the water out of the pan.
- Let the potatoes cool before mixing in the other ingredients.
- Put the cooled potatoes, onions, and celery in a large bowl.
- Add the vegan mayo, mustard, pickles, sugar, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator. They should be good for up to four days.
There are so many different variations on potato salad, but this vegan potato salad has a little mustard, and also dill pickles for a bit more flavour.