Vegan Lamington Balls
These healthy lamington balls take just a few minutes to make in the food processor and with just a few simple ingredients. It's a plant-based take on the Aussie classic!
I was inspired on our walk by all of the beautiful pink native flowers to make the lamington variety, so it is a healthy version of the iconic Aussie cake! Great to have on hand for a healthy treat.
Traditional lamingtons are made from vanilla sponge or butter cake containing eggs, butter and dairy milk. Therefore the classic lamington is not vegan-friendly.
This healthy lamington recipe below is a great dairy free, egg free and gluten free alternative!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup whole raspberries, fresh or frozen.
- 1 Bar Vegan Chocolate
- Place the cashews and desiccated coconut into a food processor and pulse until cashews are grounded and mixed with the coconut.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to the mixture and blend until combined, stop and push down the sides with a spoon as required.
- Using a heaped teaspoon, roll the mixture into balls and place on a large plate.
- Once all the mixture has been used, place the balls in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, its time to melt the chocolate. To do this, place the chocolate pieces into a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20-30s, until completely melted.
- Coat the balls in chocolate, and then roll into desiccated coconut one at a time.
- Once complete, place them in the refrigerator to set and enjoy!
You can store lamington bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Rediscover your childhood favs reimagined with our signature plant-based twist.
We served our lamington balls on coconut plates. They look terrific and taste great too!
Recipe by @our_table04