Vegan Açai Coconut Bowl Recipe
Are you craving sunshine and warm days like I am?
This vegan açai coconut bowl is cold, creamy and almost sorbet-like in texture. It’s made with Brazilian Açai puree, frozen bananas and blueberries then finished with fresh fruit and granola.
If you can make smoothies at home, then you can definitely make an açai berry bowl. Just follow the below east steps.
- 1 ½ cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 frozen bananas
- Two packets frozen unsweetened açai berry purée
- 1 cup ice cold coconut water
- Coconut slices
- Kiwi Fruit
- In a blender, combine the açaí packets, frozen mango, pineapple and banana.
- Pour in the cold coconut water, securely fasten the lid, and start blending. Pause the blender to scrape down the sides, and add ¼ cup to ½ cup more coconut water if it just won’t blend.
- Pour the smoothie into your coconut bowls and top with fruit and granola of your choice. It is best to dig in and enjoy immediately.
Top Tip: Use frozen bananas and blueberries for a thicker acai bowl. Use chilled coconut water too. It’s all about using very cold ingredients for the best thickness.
Acai bowls are full of nutrients such as antioxidants, fiber, protein and vitamins. We make these acai bowls almost every week - the topping possibilities are endless, our kids love to make their own acai creations for a fun snack.