Strawberry Nice Cream
This luscious strawberry nice cream is a wonderful healthy ice cream alternative. It's all fruit, dairy-free, vegan and contains no added sugar, but is bursting with sweet berry flavour.
This vegan strawberry nice cream is:
- Made entirely with fruit.
- Dairy-free and egg-free.
- Free from any added sugar.
- Easy to make without an ice cream maker.
- Ready in just 10 minutes.
You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker to make this dessert and there is no-churning involved! All you need is a standard blender.
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- Peel bananas and cut into slices. Cut strawberries into slices.
- Place in an airtight container with the strawberries and freeze overnight.
- Place the frozen banana, frozen strawberry and other ingredients in a blender.
- Process on a low speed until the strawberry mixture is smooth and creamy. Use your smoothie wooden spoon to tap down the mixture.
- Scrape the strawberry banana ice cream into a container and refreeze for an hour or two, or until firm enough to scoop.
- Or you can serve immediately for a soft-serve consistency in your coconut bowl.
Serve the nice cream on its own or top it with more fresh berries for a refreshing summer treat.
TOP TIP: Don’t toss out overripe bananas – freeze them! Ripe bananas have a caramelised flavour, perfect for nice cream.
There is zero sugar added to this healthy strawberry nice cream recipe so don’t worry about indulging in this! For more nice cream recipes click here.