Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
A simple, healthy Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie made with almond milk, frozen berries and yogurt. You can use either fresh or frozen fruit depending on what’s readily available to you.
This recipe is enough for two people, so make sure you adjust it if you need more or less. It will last a maximum of a day, but I personally always try to drink it as fresh as possible.
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In your blender, and add your almond milk, strawberries, blueberries, Greek yogurt, and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner smoothie, add in a bit more milk. If you prefer your smoothie thick, toss in a few ice cubes.
- Pour into your coconut bowl and serve immediately, garnished with a few extra blueberries if desired.
I love my smoothies nice and thick, as I think it makes them more satisfying.
This recipe is already fairly thick, but if you’d like to thicken your smoothie even more, here are a few tips:
- Blend in a few cubes of ice after you mix your main ingredients until you reach your desired consistency.
- For thickness and added flavour, try blending in an extra handful of frozen fruit.
A neat little trick you can do if you find yourself having this smoothie a lot is to weigh the berries ahead of time and store them in serving size packs in the freezer. This way, you only need to grab one pack per serving you need.