Simple Garlic & Basil Pasta
This super simple pasta dish recipe is full of flavour and is one to keep in your back pocket for busy evenings.
The dish can be served and enjoyed as is, or you can serve it with vegetables or salad.
- 80 grams spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp chilli (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 bunch basil, very finely chopped (fresh)
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil and begin to cook the spaghetti.
- In a separate pan, heat half the oil over medium heat, then add the sliced garlic cloves and chilli.
- Cook until the garlic is golden-brown.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the garlic and chilli.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the parmesan and the rest of the oil and stir to coat the spaghetti evenly.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the basil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve and enjoy in your jumbo coconut bowl.
For a more interactive experience, bring the plated pasta and warm oil to the table, and then allow each person to drizzle their own garlic-basil oil on top.
TIP: Cook the pasta al dente. It should be soft, but still have some chew to it. Taste a noodle to check that it's done right!
Leftover garlic basil pasta can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Reheat the leftovers in a microwave, or serve them cold if you wish.
For more coconut bowl dinner recipes click here.