Peanut Butter Smoothie
Whizz up a quick and filling peanut butter smoothie, with rolled oats and banana. Brilliant for breakfast, you can freeze the banana for extra thickness.
A peanut butter smoothie will make a great addition to your post work-out routine. Peanut butter has become a staple ingredient among smoothie enthusiasts and as far as we're concerned, there’s nothing wrong with that.
In 5 minutes or less, you have a balanced and filling breakfast with:
- Two servings of fruit
For an even thicker smoothie, almost more like a peanut butter and banana milkshake than a smoothie - be sure to include the optional cup of oats.
You can use whatever milk you have on hand to make this peanut butter smoothie! It’s easy to make a vegan smoothie by using a plant based milk. Here are some of our favourites to use in smoothies:
- Oat milk: The flavour is sweet and it has a nice creamy texture.
- Almond milk: A little closer to water in its texture.
- Coconut milk: Super thick and adds a strong coconut flavour.
- Soy milk: Has a nice sweet flavour and thick texture.
- 2 overripe frozen bananas
- 4-6 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup quick oats or rolled oats (Optional)
- Protein powder (Optional)
- Place all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into your coconut bowl or coconut cup and enjoy immediately.