Light and Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
This easy to follow pancake recipe will make super delicious and totally amazing pancakes every time!
Buttermilk pancakes are absolutely delicious and our ultimate weekend brunch recipe. Topped with fresh fruit like blueberries, bananas and strawberries, maple syrup and butter they are an absolute treat.
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Oil for cooking
- Raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, to serve
- Icing Sugar
- Maple syrup
- Combine flour and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, egg and vanilla essence together in a jug.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stock frying pan over medium to low heat.
- Cook 1/3 cup mixture for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface
- Turn and cook a further minute.
- Remove from pan and keep warm while cooking the remainder of the mixture.
- Serve with fruit and maple syrup in your coconut bowl. Don't forget to use your coconut wood fork for the ultimate experience.
Want to cut out the butter and sugar entirely?
You can eliminate either or both the sugar and the butter from this recipe and still make pancakes. The flavour won’t be as rich or sweet, the colour as golden, or the texture as light, but it will still be a pancake!