Jam Drop Cookies
I love making these biscuits because they're so tasty as an afternoon snack. For me, they sit right up there with scones, jam and cream as a perfect sweet treat with your coconut bowl.
A true Aussie staple, this crumbly jam-filled biscuit is the perfect addition to a cup of tea or coffee.
- 250g softened butter
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ tin of condensed milk (about 200g)
- 2½ cups self-raising flour
- Jam of your choice (We chose Raspberry jam)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and line a couple of baking sheets with baking paper.
- Place sugar into mixing bowl and mix for 20 seconds.
- Add butter and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add flour and mix for 30 seconds.
- Dust your hands with a little flour and roll tablespoonfuls into balls and place on trays.
- Make an indent in the centre of each ball with your thumb and fill with jam.
- Bake for 10 - 15 mins.
- Rest on a tray for 20 minutes.
- Serve on a coconut plate and enjoy.
Remove from the oven before they colour too much or go too brown, they look best when the jam contrasts with a lightly baked dough. Allow to cool and then serve.
Chef's Tip: Store in an air-tight container to keep them crisp or just eat them all at once.
Jam drops are so quick and easy and are perfect for a rainy day baking with the kids. They just love rolling the little balls and then eating them when cooked. Yum!