Immune Boosting Dragon Fruit Smoothie
Try this immune-boosting smoothie recipe - It’s packed with all sorts of immune boosters and tastes amazing, too.
You are going to love the smooth naturally sweet dragon fruit paired with ginger and citrus. A fabulous combo that transports you to a tropical island.
To make preparing smoothies easy, keep frozen fruit stocked in the freezer. I typically have a combination of frozen bananas, berries, and grapefruit ready to throw into smoothies.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 fresh frozen dragon fruit (chopped)
- Ginger to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- In a high-speed blender, add water, orange juice, banana, dragon fruit, blueberries and ginger.
- Blend until very smooth and serve right away in your coconut cup.
Dragon fruit contains a variety of nutrients, most notably high vitamin C and iron. Its low calorie content helps give it superfood status because of its high nutrient density.
CHEFS TIP: Try adding 2-4 scoops of your favourite unsweetened protein powder to this smoothie.
Feel free to use any types of citrus juice you desire such as grapefruit or lemons to make your Winter Busting Dragon Fruit Smoothie.