Homemade Lemonade Recipe
Sipping icy-cold sweet lemonade out of your bamboo straw on a blazing-hot summer day is one of life’s finest pleasures.
The most important part of making a good lemonade is to use the right ratio of lemon juice, sugar, and water. For best flavour, use freshly squeezed lemon juice from real lemons.
Once you try this lemonade recipe, you'll never go back to bottled or powdered lemonade again.
- 1 & 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 cups cold water
- 5 to 8 lemons
- Garnish: lemon slices or fresh mint
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Juice the lemons until you have 1 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- In a jug, add the lemon juice and 5 cups of cold water.
- Stir in the dissolved sugar and water.
- Serve in ice-filled glasses, garnishing with lemon slices and fresh mint, and don't forget to sip sustainably with your Coconutsy bamboo straw.
Tip: To extract the most lemon juice, before you cut them, roll each lemon over your cutting board with the palm of your hand
This lemonade keeps well for about five days in the fridge, although it’s a good idea to give it a swift stir just before serving each time.
Photo Credit: @growing.little.embers