Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
These Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips are fast, easy, super crunchy, a great way to use up leftover tortillas, and a great alternative to store bought chips.
Keep it simple! No need to buy fancy tortillas at the supermarket. Corn tortillas are best because of their flavour. Buy a standard corn tortilla for the best result.
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 200º.
- Stack the tortillas on top of each other, then cut into six equal sized wedges.
- Place the cut tortillas in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Gently toss the tortilla pieces in the oil until they're all lightly coated.
- Add your fav herbs and spices. (optional)
- Bake the chips for ten minutes, then flip the chips.
- Return the chips to the oven and bake until golden brown.
- Remove trays from the oven and let cool slightly. As they cool, the chips will continue to crisp all the way through.
- Serve in a coconut plate and enjoy.
This homemade version is less oily and salty than many store brands, making it a more healthful choice. This recipe takes 15 to 20 minutes to create and bake.
To make them extra crispy make sure you brush the tortillas with a very thin layer of oil and don't overlap them too much in the oven.