Healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
This Dreamy Chocolate Chip Mint Smoothie is like having a milkshake for breakfast! A green smoothie packed with healthy ingredients, in the form of my favourite ice cream flavour.
This green smoothie gets its colour from spinach and fresh mint. It’s supremely creamy thanks to almond milk and avocado (don’t worry - you won’t taste the avocado). Protein powder provides the protein with fresh mint and cacao nibs add the mint and chocolate flavours.
- 1 small frozen banana.
- 1 ½ cups milk, I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- 1 cup fresh spinach.
- ¼ small/medium sized avocado.
- Fresh mint leaves.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder.
- ½ cup crushed ice.
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Place banana, milk, spinach, avocado, mint, protein powder, and ice in a blender.
- Process until smooth. Add cacao nibs and stir or briefly pulse (don't completely puree the chocolate otherwise the colour of the smoothie will turn brown).
- Serve immediately in your coconut bowl.