Good Morning Coffee Smoothie
You will love this creamy coffee smoothie made with frozen bananas, almond butter, cocoa powder, and chia seeds.
In a nutshell, this creamy concoction tastes like a frosty mocha shake, only a little on the lighter side since no ice cream is involved. It’s just sweet enough and delivers a mellow coffee flavour with a chocolate undertone thanks to the addition of cocoa powder.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 2/3 cup cold brew or cold strong coffee.
- 1 ripe banana, cut into chunks and frozen.
- 1 tablespoon almond butter.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 large pitted Medjool date.
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder.
- 2 ice cubes.
- Combine the chia seeds and milk in your blender.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes so the seeds absorb some of the milk and soften.
- Add the coffee, banana chunks, almond butter, vanilla extract, Medjool date, cocoa powder, and ice to the blender.
- Start the blender on low speed and gradually increase the speed until everything blends into a creamy, smooth consistency. Be sure to scrape down the sides and run the blender again as needed.
- Pour into your coconut bowl and enjoy.