Easy Hummus Recipe
This is a super creamy and delicious hummus recipe.
Made from a handful of fresh ingredients, including chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and garlic, it comes together in less than 3 minutes in your blender or food processor.
Though there really are some great dips at supermarkets nowadays, hummus is not and never will be one of them. It’s too sour, it’s too thick, it lacks the signature creaminess of real hummus.
- 1 Can Dried Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup liquid from the canned chickpeas
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to your high-powered blender and secure the lid.
- Turn the blender on high for 30 seconds (or more for a creamier texture) and use the tamper to push the hummus into the blades.
- Add more chickpea liquid, if desired, for a softer hummus.
- Add the hummus to your coconut bowl and garnish with olive oil, paprika and fresh parsley.
If using canned chickpeas, make sure they are drained and rinsed. It helps if you also give them a quick 20-minute simmer in a bit of water so they soften well.
A good amount of good-quality tahini is the key to smooth hummus.
Buy lemons and your humus will taste fresh and delicious. I almost always add another tablespoon of lemon juice to my hummus for extra flavour.