Easy Breakfast Oats with Healthy Toppings
Rolled oats are transformed into a hearty, creamy, and ultra healthy breakfast option that's ready in just 10 minutes. And it can be made sweet or savoury!
How to make oats like a pro
Just remember this ratio 1:2. For every portion of oats, you need double the amount of liquid. For a single serving with 1/2 cup of oats, that means you’ll need 1 cup of liquid.
On The Stove
Whether you’re making a single portion or for the whole family, it’s easy to make perfect oatmeal on the stove. Here’s the steps:
- Boil water. In a small pot, bring the water or milk and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the oats. Stir in the oats then reduce the heat to medium-low. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes to let the liquid absorb, while stirring occasionally.
- Top and serve. Add toppings, a drizzle of milk if you’d like, and enjoy.
Add your Toppings
- Apple Cinnamon: Add diced apples, chopped pecans, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Mango: Add diced mango for a summer themed bowl.
- Banana Blueberry: Add sliced bananas, blueberries, a drizzle of almond butter, and a sprinkle of chia seeds.
- Strawberries and Cream: Add diced strawberries, a dollop of yogurt, and a sprinkle of flaxseeds.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Stir in cacao powder, then add a drizzle of peanut butter, and shredded coconut.
- Coffee, Walnut & Dates: Replace some of the liquid with a little bit of brewed coffee as it’s cooking. Then top it off with chopped dates, toasted walnuts, and banana slices.
If your oats are dry just add a splash more water or milk, and stir it in.