Dried Fruit, Oats & Nut Breakfast Biscuits
These breakfast biscuits are packed with fruits, nuts, oats, and everything else healthy. A delicious breakfast for on-the-go!
The basis of these cookies are oats and lots of them! They provide slow releasing energy, making them perfect for filling up tummies at breakfast time.
- 250g unsalted butter.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar.
- 1 cup caster sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste.
- 2 cups plain flour.
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
- 2 cups one minute oats.
- 1 cup dried fruit.
- 1 cup nuts.
- ¾ cup chocolate pieces.
- ½ cup desiccated coconut.
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C. Line biscuit trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy and pale in colour.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated then add the vanilla and beat again.
- Sift together flour and bicarbonate of soda and stir into the creamed mixture with remaining ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon, scoop out mixture and roll into a ball. Place on try and flatten with your finger.
- Leave space between the biscuits to allow for spreading whilst baking.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. The time will depend on the size that you make the biscuits.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and cool on tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy immediately in your coconut bowl or store in a well sealed container.