Dragonfruit Smoothie Coconut Bowl Recipe
This vibrant magenta smoothie coconut bowl is as delicious as it is beautiful. Dragon fruit doesn't have much flavor but has loads of color. You can't go wrong with tropical fruit toppers to get the amazing tropical taste.
- 1 ripe banana, sliced and pre-frozen
- 1/2 cup pink dragon fruit, cubed and pre-frozen
- 1/2 cup ripe mango, cubed and pre-frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 inch piece fresh peeled ginger
- 2 scoops unflavored protein powder
- 1 teaspoon dragon fruit powder
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup liquid such as coconut water or almond milk, or more as needed
- Dried coconut flakes
- Chopped toasted pistachios
- Crumbled freeze-dried raspberries
- Dried goji berries
- Puffed quinoa
- Add frozen fruit to a high-powered blender or food processor along with lime juice, ginger, protein and dragon fruit powders, yogurt and liquid.
- Start blending on low speed, using the tamper (if you have one) as necessary to keep the fruit moving, until fruit is incorporated. Slowly increase speed until the smoothie flows freely through the blade.
- Scrape into a coconut bowl. Sprinkle with toppings as desired.