Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowls are a perfect breakfast, snack or dessert. Dragon fruit is full of antioxidants, and is a low calorie, nutrient dense fruit. A pitaya bowl is a great vegan or paleo breakfast option.
- Dragon Fruit (also called Pitaya)
- Nuts and seeds
- Flaked coconut
- Fresh fruit (kiwi, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- Cacao Nibs or shaved Dark Chocolate
- Nut Butter
- Chop dragon fruit and mango into small dice-sized cubes, and slice bananas, and freeze them solid.
- I like to freeze them overnight, but you can freeze them faster if you have a deep freeze.
- Add frozen fruit and a splash of coconut or almond milk to your blender.
- Process until the fruit fluffs up and is a soft serve consistency.
- Fill your coconut bowls with dragon fruit smoothie, and top with fresh fruit, coconut, nuts or nut butter.
I love adding toppings for flavour and texture! Try adding:
- Fresh fruit (like chopped white dragon fruit, kiwi, berries, or bananas)
- Toasted Coconut Granola
- Almond Butter or my Toasted Pecan Almond Butter
- Dark chocolate chips or Cacao Nibs
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds
Get Your Own Set Of Coconut Bowls