Chocolate Banana Nice Cream
Nice cream is perfect for your spring and summer coconut bowls and will soon become a favourite! I've been making it at home for years, and made use of many over ripe brown bananas into this creamy, cold treat.
- 5 frozen bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Chocolate chunks
- Pine nuts
- Place the frozen bananas, cocoa powder, and peanut butter into your blender.
- Blend the bananas on high speed using the plunger to push the bananas down as needed. Blend until a rich, thick creamy texture forms.
- Scoop straight into your coconut bowl and sprinkle with chocolate chunks, strawberries and pine nuts.
The reason it's called 'nice cream' is because it mimics classic ice cream, but is better for you.
The best way to freeze your ripe bananas
Don’t freeze bananas in their peel, they are impossible to peel when they’re frozen.
You can either:
- Peel the bananas and pop them straight into a container in the freezer. Or slice them first, spread in a single layer on a tray lined with baking paper and freeze for at least an hour or until hard.
- By freezing the slices on the trays first, you avoid having one big lump of banana that’s all stuck together!