Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe for Your Coconut Bowl
This Mexican-style Burrito Bowl is loaded with mixed greens, beans, corn, tomatoes, pan-seared chicken, Greek Yogurt and out-of-this-world guacamole! I mean look at all those beautiful colors.
- 1 teaspoon butter.
- 1 cob of corn, husk removed.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin.
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Pinch of sea salt.
- 200g roast chicken, shredded.
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced.
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced.
- 1 small avocado, cubed.
- 1 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped.
- Juice of 1 lime.
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded.
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- lime wedges, to serve.
- Brush corn with butter and cook in a char-grill pan or under grill until charred. Cool slightly. Remove kernels safely and set aside. Throw away cob.
- Heat oil in a medium sized frying pan and add onion. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic, spices and salt and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir through chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- While your chicken and onion are simmering, combine cucumber, capsicum and corn in one bowl.
- In another bowl create a speedy guacamole mixture by using avocado, coriander and lime juice together.
- Divide lettuce between two coconut bowls or a container for tomorrow's lunch if you don’t want to share.
- Divide chicken, salad mix and avocado evenly between the two. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with lime wedges.
By Yumna Jawa