Broccoli, Avocado and Lime Salad
The beauty of this salad lies in its perfect simplicity. In the way that the creamy avocado melts against the ever-so-slightly crunchy broccoli.
This is healthy eating at its best. Simple, inexpensive ingredients thrown together in less than ten minutes to create something so healthy and nurturing, and most importantly so heavenly to taste.
- 1 bunch broccoli.
- 2 ripe avocados.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- ½ cup tomatoes cut into small cubes.
- 2 teaspoons mustard.
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil.
- Cut the broccoli tops into florets.
- Drop the broccoli pieces into boiling water and leave for 1 minute.
- Drain and let cool.
- Cut the avocados in half. Peel each half and remove the seeds. Cut each half lengthwise into 8 strips.
- Sprinkle with lime juice to prevent discoloration.
- Add the pieces of broccoli and avocado to your coconut bowl or coconut cup.
- Add the chopped tomatoes on top.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour over the salad.