Beetroot Pasta Recipe
Pasta is a versatile and easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. If you're looking for a unique and colourful twist on traditional pasta, consider making beetroot pasta.
Not only is it visually stunning, but it's also a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. In this recipe, we'll show you how to make a delicious beetroot pasta that's sure to impress your family and friends.
- 2 medium-sized beetroots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Start by boiling the chopped beetroots in a pot of salted water for about 15-20 minutes, or until they're tender.
- Once the beetroots are cooked, drain the water and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the cooked beetroots to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pureed beetroot, flour, eggs, olive oil, and salt.
- Mix the ingredients together until they form a smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for a few minutes until it's soft and pliable.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts and roll each part out into a thin sheet using a rolling pin or pasta machine.
- Cut the pasta sheets into your desired shape, such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine.
- Boil the pasta in a pot of salted water for 2-3 minutes or until it's cooked to your liking.
- Serve the beetroot pasta with your favourite sauce and toppings, such as a simple tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, or fresh herbs.
This recipe makes about 4 servings of beetroot pasta. You can store any leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Beetroot pasta is not only a tasty and colourful dish, but it's also a great way to sneak in some extra veggies into your meals. Enjoy!