Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
If you recently got an air fryer and excited to try some recipes, these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are a great starting point. These are the healthier alternative to the deep-fried original.
Sweet potatoes are full of nutrients with many health benefits. However, deep frying adds a significant amount of calories to a low-calorie food.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 2 sweet potato's, peeled.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- ⅛ teaspoon ground sweet paprika.
- pinch of salt.
- pinch of pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 degrees c.
- Cut sweet potato into slices or fries. Place in a bowl with olive oil, toss to coat.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika, mix until all fries are evenly coated.
- Place an even layer of fries in the air fryer basket.
- Cook until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chips to a coconut bowl and season with extra paprika.
Pack these sweet potato chips into your lunch box or serve them with a creamy dip. Don't forget to bring your reusable cutlery!
Here are a few health benefits from making sweet potatoes part of your diet. Sweet Potatoes are an amazing source of:
Potassium - regulates fluid in the body’s cells, helps control muscle contractions, and helps prevent bone loss and kidney stones, and may help lower blood pressure.
Beta Carotene/Vitamin A - Beta Carotene which gives the sweet potato its orange colour, is converted to Vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is responsible for eye health, vision, and also a well-functioning immune system. With the skin on, sweet potato contains more than 400% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin A.
Vitamin C - helps the body fight infections, supports the immune system, aids the body in absorbing iron, and is needed for the formation of collagen.
Dietary Fibre - flesh of the sweet potato is loaded with soluble fibre which promotes good gut health, a well-functioning digestive system, and is linked to improving cardiovascular health.