This Acai Smoothie is thick, creamy, and features acai berry puree blended with a mix of berries and banana. It comes together in just 5 minutes for a refreshing smoothie that can be enjoyed for breakfast, a snack or even a dessert!
FACT: Unlike many fruits that are high in sugar and low in fat, the acai berry is higher in fat and low in sugar.
- 1 packet acai berry puree
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Place the frozen banana, berries, acai powder or puree, optional seeds, and liquids into the blender cup.
- Puree until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute, adding a little extra liquid as needed to help it move along and blend.
- Pour into a serving glass, coconut cup or bamboo cup.
For a richer and creamier Acai Smoothie, use coconut milk instead of almond milk. This will also give the smoothie a more tropical flavour and the fat in the coconut milk will create a really creamy smoothie.