5-Minute Healthy Oatmeal
There is nothing quite like waking up to a warm bowl of oatmeal on a cold morning.
My kids start their mornings almost every day with a hearty bowl of oats.
For the most part I cook rolled oats in almond milk with thinly sliced banana, then top it off with nut butter. If you follow us Instagram, you've seen plenty of variations of this.
This recipe is one of my favourites and there's something here for every taste and every morning mood.
- 3 cups water.
- 2 apples, chopped.
- 1 banana.
- 1 & 1/2 cups oats.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pinch of cinnamon.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water to the boil.
- Add fresh apples and oats.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- You can choose to serve it plain with a splash of milk or dress it up with your favourite toppings.
- Serve in your coconut bowl.
- Fruit – fresh or frozen. I love adding raspberries, blueberries, and banana.
- Nuts/Seeds – Almonds, Macadamia Nuts, Flax - add anything you want.
- Other things – honey, peanut butter, coconut chips, cocoa nibs, etc.
This is such an easy recipe and you will have a wonderful, hot bowl of oats in no time at all.
Did you know that a bowl of oats is high in dietary fibre, iron and protein? Using certified gluten free oats and dairy free milk makes it a nutritious breakfast option.